By 2030, it’s expected that 20% of the US population will be aged 65 or older – can AI revolutionize elderly care? Read about North American and European Q3 trends in M&A, Taranis’ plans after raising a $20M Series B, and opportunities between Israel and Asia. Did you know? The $34B acquisition that’s got everybody talking started with the co-founder working out of a closet; can we expect more big open source sales in the future?
Startup Nation and beyond
Kudos to Taranis on its $20M Series B! Taranis “plans to expand into more countries with this round of funding, including Australia.”
“AI can now be found in every step of the care-pathway, starting from intelligent tracking of biometric information to early diagnosis of diseases.” Read about how AI is revolutionizing elderly care.
Take a look at Pitchbook’s visual summary of M&A activity in North America and Europe for Q3 2018.
What everyone’s been talking about…read what made IBM make “the world’s second-largest technology deal ever,” (Bloomberg). 3 Things IBM Sees In Red Hat That Others Missed. Never say never…this is a company that started when the co-founder was “unemployed and working from a closet,” (CNBC). Check out why IBM buying Red Hat won’t be the last big open source sale.
More on the thriving relationship between Israel and Asia: Asia ‘woke up’ and Israeli tech companies see opportunities.
Top tech news this week
- Healthcare…When Safe Drugs Become Risky: The Clinical Danger Zone, featuring MedAware.
- FinTech…Real Estate Loans Built Up Bank OZK’s Reputation. Now CRE Write-offs Are Sending Shares Plummeting, featuring CrediFi. Also: How We Analyzed Bank OZK’s Real Estate Lending.
- Enterprise Software…mPrest’s New Volt-VAr Control Product Enables Utilities to Seamlessly Integrate Distributed Energy Resources and Generation Farms into Existing Power Grids.
News from the industry
“What is different on that factory floor from Henry Ford to today?” Podcast: Automation + Work, Human + Machine (Andreessen Horowitz)
The IBM/Red Hat Tango: Elephants Can Dance Too—to the Tune of Open Source (Battery Ventures)
Emerson Automation Experts Blog: Collaboration for Cybersecurity Resiliency and Robustness (CyberX)
The latest from OurCrowd
It was great visiting LATAM! I spoke at Corporación Ventures’ Latin American Ventures Summit, and we hosted investor events addressing how Israeli startups are meeting global challenges. Take a look at some photos from the trip.
Check out OurCrowd partner Alan Weisleder on El Financiero Bloomberg!
Looking to connect
We currently have 500+ open positions at our global portfolio companies. Here are a few of the most exciting:
- C# Software Engineer for Highcon (Israel)
- Presentation Designer for JUMP (USA)
- Talent Sourcer for Lemonade (Israel)
To search, filter, and apply head to OurTalent here.