This last week saw another big Israeli acquisition — marking OurCrowd’s 6th exit! Our objects are getting ‘smarter’, check out this cool infographic featuring IoT startups. Young Israeli engineers are working on creating a better future. Read on for the latest in Startup Nation.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Oracle buys Israeli big data startup, Crosswise, for $50M
US software giant Oracle has acquired Israeli big data startup (and OurCrowd’s portfolio company) Crosswise. The company has developed a cross-device identification system to help advertisers target consumers. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Crosswise featured in Business Insider
- EdenShield featured in Times of Israel
- MarkOne (Vessyl) featured in Wareable
- Clipfort featured in Geektime
- Surgical Theater featured in Forbes
- BioCatch featured in Find Biometrics
Smart Objects, Smart Investing: Check out the Internet of Things
Take a closer look at the emerging world of connected devices with this infographic featuring top startups from the Internet of Things and location-based technologies industry. Learn more.
Israel’s youngest engineers plan for a bright future
56 student projects covering robotics, AI, the environment, and more, were presented at the Israel Sci-Tech Schools Network’s annual Young Engineers Conference and Competition held at the Technion. Learn more.
Entrepreneurial workspaces burst out of the city, into the ‘burbs
New facilities break the mold of standard Tel Aviv startup coworking solutions, appealing to those who need something different. Learn more.
First class of the Barclays Accelerator/TLV in full swing
Following last November’s announcement of the program, the new Barclays/Tel Aviv class is currently under way. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Israeli Takipi raises $15M to uncover flaws in your code quickly (Geektime)
- The coolest Israeli startups making our planet ‘greener’ (NoCamels)
- When size matters: Tiny innovations for a better world (Israel21c)
- Online fraud prevention company, Forter, raises $32M (Globes)
- Israel gets its first 3D tech bus (Times of Israel)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.