Find out which Israeli startups raised investment rounds in August 2016; discover the secrets to success according to notable high-tech reps; explore Israel’s pioneering work with drone technology; and more this week from Startup Nation…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
8 exits, dozens of rounds: Israel’s investments for August 2016
The Startup Nation is growing and scintillating with many technological ideas, but not everyone succeeds in turning their idea into a reality without an investment. Here is a summary of the Israeli startups that received investments last month from funds, angels, and even from the state. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved featured in Leaders League
- Celeno featured in Times of Israel
- EdenShield featured in Trendlines blog
- ZCast featured in VentureBeat
- UPnRIDE featured in NoCamels
- prooV featured in Yahoo! Finance
The drone race is off and running, with Israel in the lead
Given Israel’s pioneering work with military drone technology, it is no surprise the country is the biggest military drone exporter in the world, supplying almost 61% of the drones sold since 1985. Read more.
Y Combinator partner Aaron Harris shares their secret to success
On a visit to Israel, Y Combinator partner Aaron Harris says that the startup accelerator does not miss. There has not been a startup they have turned down that’s reached a valuation of a billions dollars. How do they do it? Read more.
Israeli high-tech’s special weapon in the war to recruit employees
Finding new employees involves enormous expense just to fill a single position, so startups have moved in to fill the vacuum. Read more.
- Building it up: Real estate tech transforming a giant industry (OurCrowd)
- IBM Alpha Zone to open 5th Israel accelerator class (Times of Israel)
- Siemens’s smart home appliances arrive in Israel (JPost)
- Tel Aviv to host women-only startup competition (Globes)
- Grocery shopping gets a high-tech makeover (Israel21c)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.