This last week saw the big acquisition of Israeli cloud security company, CloudLock, by Cisco. A new ‘Radicle’ AgTech accelerator fund launched. A panel of experts share insights about cybersecurity for transportation. Read on for the latest in Startup Nation.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Cisco buys cloud security company, CloudLock, for $293M
Cisco is to acquire cloud security company CloudLock, which specializes in cloud access security broker (CASB) technology, for $293 million in cash and assumed equity awards. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd featured in Times of Israel
- Borro featured in Luxury Daily
- OurCrowd featured in Globes
“Radicle” innovation: Announcing the launch of a new AgTech accelerator fund
OurCrowd announced the launch of Radicle, an accelerator fund dedicated to growing early stage agricultural tech startups into proven industry leaders, in partnership with Bayer, DuPont, and Finistere Ventures. Learn more.
Talking IoV security with cybersecurity experts in Tel Aviv
Israel’s Cyber Week hosted a panel of cybersecurity experts that highlighted the threat of hacking to transportation and how easy it is to hit a moving target. The panel was aptly titled “Cyber in Motion.” Learn more.
Israeli startups pitch to China at virtual Tel Aviv roadshow
10 Israeli companies were invited to pitch their medtech last week to Chinese investors at TechCode Israel China Innovation Center’s first Tel Aviv-based virtual roadshow. Learn more.
Israeli companies handpicked by White House for GES 2016
Six companies with novel environmental technologies, two promoting youth and women, presented at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in California. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Save the Date: OurCrowd’s Global Investor Summit, January 2017 (OurCrowd)
- Israeli startup’s headphones adapt to people’s unique earprints (JPost)
- An all Israeli acquisition: ironSource buys StreamRail (Geektime)
- Israel sends drip irrigation to small Paraguay farms (Israel21c)
- Microsoft Israel accelerator graduates raise $27M (Times of Israel)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.