Cyber hacks and data breaches are an ever-present theme in the news…how are startup solutions measuring up? Firstly, Labs/02 startup ItsMine says it will provide its AI data protection tool free of charge following the Marriott data breach. Forbes makes 60 Cybersecurity Predictions for 2019. What does former FBI fraud specialist Frank Abagnale, made famous in the film “Catch Me If You Can”, think the key is? Getting rid of passwords altogether – find out which company he’s rooting for. Plus, even more cybersecurity news below.
Startup Nation and beyond
Six things to know from the past week in VC…With Lyft’s filing, IPO madness is almost here.
Hacking Health Care: How Tech Will Drive Down Costs.
Top tech news this week
- Enterprise Hardware…CEO of Automated Drones Company Airobotics Draws the Line at Airborne Firearms.
- Cybersecurity…CyberX and GE to Strengthen Cybersecurity for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Healthcare...DTRA Commits Additional Funds to MeMed‘s Innovative Bacterial Versus Viral Test and Point-of-Care Platform.
News from the industry
Insights from Ashley McCollum, General Manager of Tasty & Nifty at BuzzFeed: The Case Study of BuzzFeed Tasty and the Evolution of Brand. (Andreessen Horowitz)
Digging deep into survival analysis: Vulns Will Survive. (Kenna Security)
“Fraudsters have realized that the dark web provides a full cloak of anonymity, creating fertile ground for new darknet markets to surface and a strong incentive for criminals to launch cunning cyberattacks.” Heart of Darkness: Inside the Darknet Markets that Fuel Financial Cybercrime. (BioCatch)
The latest from OurCrowd
In just under 90 days from now we hope to make history again…together! OurCrowd Global Investor Summit Returns as Israel’s Largest Investor Event.
Looking to connect
We currently have 500+ open positions at our global portfolio companies. Here are a few of the most exciting:
- Software Automation Engineer for Consumer Physics (Israel)
- Online Customer Support for Engie (Israel)
- Project Manager for enVerid (USA)
To search, filter, and apply head to OurTalent here.
Subscribe to receive a weekly curated roundup of top news, direct from the desk of OurCrowd’s CEO & Founder and curated by startup investing insiders.