33 Israeli startups raised over $10M each in Q1; Israel’s museums are going high-tech at the country’s first conference on museums of tomorrow; Denny Chared hopes to convince untapped billionaires to invest in Israeli high-tech. Read up on these news items and more, below…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
30+ Israeli startups post over $10M each in funding in Q1
Israel’s high-tech arena posted a new report that shows 33 companies raised $869.3 million in investments while five startups exited at over $800 million from January-March 2016. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved featured in The Independent
- Sweetch featured in Geektime
- OurCrowd featured in Crowdfund Insider
- Apploi featured in MediaPost
- Freightos featured in The Loadstar
- Pixie featured in The Commentator
Hacking the Walls: Israel’s museums go high-tech
Tower of David, the medieval citadel at the entrance to the Old City in Jerusalem, hosted Israel’s first hackathon for museum technology followed by national conference on museums of tomorrow. Learn more.
Denny Chared hopes to convince untapped billionaires to invest in Israeli high-tech
Denny Chared, owner of leading financial conference organizer, DC Finance, is convinced Israeli tech companies have yet to discover the hidden vein of venture capital, and he intends to uncover it. Learn more.
Forbes ‘Under 30’ brings celebrity appeal to Israeli high-tech
There were 600 participants in attendance from around the globe, including 200 each from Israel, Europe and North America. Learn more.
Jerusalem – the Startup Nation’s burgeoning high-tech capital
Forget antiquities; Jerusalem today is emerging as one of the most exciting centers for cutting-edge technology in the world. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Israeli company Cellebrite said to help FBI crack terrorist’s iPhone (NoCamels)
- Sweetch nets $3.5M investment for diabetes prediction technology (Geektime)
- Cancer metabolism company, Metabomed, raises $18M (Globes)
- Israeli stealth startup, Twiggle, raises $12.5M (VentureBeat)
- Disney and Saban invest $15M in Playbuzz (Israel21c)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.