Stratoscale raises $27M from several tech giants to transform cloud computing. Check out Alyn Hospital’s ‘Makeathon’ seeking to develop projects to help the disabled. Hear from leading Israeli entrepreneurs and innovators in high-tech. Read up on these news items and more, below…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Stratoscale raises $27M to transform cloud computing
Israeli data center in the cloud infrastructure developer Stratoscale raised $27 million in a Series C round. Among the investors in the Herzliya-based startup are Qualcomm, Cisco, and Intel. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd featured in Financial Times
- Pixie featured in Times of Israel
- OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved featured in Jerusalem Post
- SightDx featured in Geektime
- Highcon featured in Packaging Europe
- Boatbound featured in The Seattle Times
Alyn hospital hackers seek to remake the world for disabled
Alyn Hospital, Israel’s biggest rehabilitation center for physically challenged and disabled children and young adults, aims to become the world’s first full-time “maker lab” to develop projects to help the disabled. Learn more.
Technion’s Prof. Hossam Haick honored by GOOD Magazine
Prof. Hossam Haick of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology has been prominent, among other things in his development of devices to diagnose and monitor various types of cancers via breath samples. Learn more.
The Israeli who makes sure the chips work
Danny Glotter abandoned a secure future at Intel to found Optimal+, and became indispensable to global chipmakers. Learn more.
5 Israeli startups set to take over Berlin
Pzartech, Join VR Technologies LTD 4.0, Myndlift, Quicargo, and Shopeat to take part in Tel Aviv-Berlin exchange program. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Several tech giants flock to Israel’s Silicon Valley for chip tech (Times of Israel)
- Israel’s desert city of Beersheba is turning into a cybertech oasis (TechCrunch)
- Israel’s SightDx could stomp out malaria in Africa and India (Geektime)
- 4 Israeli startups making waves in the bay area (Inc.)
- Israeli startup, LTG Exam, raises $5.3M (Globes)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.