The latest from the Startup Nation: another large investment round as Skybox Security receives $96 million from PSG; Oxford University Press teams up with 3 Israeli EdTech startups; giant carmaker Honda is working with OurCrowd to find the best of Israeli startup car tech; and more…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
PSG invests $96M in Israeli cyber company Skybox Security
Founded in 2002, Israeli cybersecurity analytics company Skybox Security has received a $96 million investment from US private equity firm Providence Strategic Growth (PSG). Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd’s CEO Jon Medved featured on CNN
- The Bouqs featured in TechCrunch
- BillGuard featured in Times of Israel
Oxford University Press teams up with 3 Israeli startups
EdTech companies Tiny Tap, Total Boox, and KIDOZ help the UK’s distinguished publishing house reach millions of students and teachers on digital platforms. Learn more.
Honda’s Nick Sugimoto on tapping into Israel’s startup ecosystem
Japanese car manufacturer Honda has arrived and is ready to tap into Israel’s startup ecosystem, according to Nick Sugimoto, senior program director, Honda Silicon Valley Lab. Hear more from Nick.
The people behind the Startup Nation
Israel is known for its high concentration of innovative startups. Forbes Israel compiled a list of the ‘it’ people in the local entrepreneurial scene that goes beyond the Israeli connection. Learn more.
And the Geek Award 2016 goes to…
Thousands of readers and an expert panel of judges voted on the best startups, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists in Israel as part of the 2016 Geek Awards in a variety of categories. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Israeli Microsoft Accelerator graduate OwnBackup gifted $3.5M (Times of Israel)
- Flavoring giant Frutarom pivots to multi-$1B organic food market (NoCamels)
- Anatomy of OurCrowd’s innovative MedTech portfolio [Infographic] (OurCrowd)
- Sleep apnea treatment company, Nexense, raises $3M (Globes)
- Revolutionary car safety seat, mifold, raises $1.5M (Israel21c)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.