Last week, the Startup Nation lost one of its dominant influencers — former President and Prime Minister Shimon Peres. He once said that “in Israel, a land lacking in natural resources, we learned to appreciate our greatest national advantage: our minds.” This father of the Startup Nation will be sorely missed.
Read up on this story and other news items, below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Shimon Peres urged Israel to dream and innovate
Former president Shimon Peres, who died Wednesday at the age of 93, was not one to take the easy way out, always looking for new solutions — whether fighting for peace or pushing for new technologies. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd featured in City A.M.
- OurCorwd First featured in Geektime
- OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved featured in The Huffington Post
- Freightos featured in Forbes
- Global Kinetics featured in Parkinson’s News Today
- Surgical Theater featured in VR-Focus
Benny Landa: Entrepreneur of the decade
14 year ago, founder Benny Landa sold digital printing company Indigo to HP for $830 million, making it one of the 10 largest exits in the history of Israeli high tech. Read more.
Tel Aviv aims to become beta site for smart city tech
Tel Aviv plans to earmark one of its neighborhoods as a beta site to test out new technologies with the goal of developing smarter cities. Read more.
Aiming High: Intel Israel creates ‘world’s smartest office building’
Intel Israel broke ground on what it claims will be the world’s smartest building. Thousands of smart sensors scattered around the building will use cutting-edge information technologies to gather relevant data and provide what employees need in order to do their work. Read more.
- Former Israeli PM Barak bets big on emergency app Reporty (TechCrunch)
- Israeli startup LivinGift aims to make donating easier (Times of Israel)
- Neusoft, Infinity Group set up $250M MedTech fund (Israel21c)
- Globes names Israel’s 16 most promising startups (Globes)
- New Israeli tech sees machines leading the blind (JPost)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.