This last week (and month!) saw an astonishing amount of investments raised for Israeli startups. Have you seen Israel’s cybersecurity map yet? The interactive map provides a peek into the growing industry. Prosper CEO Aaron Vermut on his first visit to Israel after buying BillGuard.
Read on for the latest in Startup Nation.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Israeli startups raise over $550M this month
Over the past four weeks, Israeli startups have raised an astonishing $556.4 million. Over the past week alone, 9 startups have raised $148 million, led by ForeScout Technologies, which raised $76 million. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd’s CEO Jon Medved featured on Bloomberg TV
- mPrest featured in Times of Israel
- OurCrowd featured in The Jerusalem Post
- Freightos featured in TechCrunch
- MUV Interactive featured in NoCamels
- BillGuard featured in Geektime
Interactive map spotlights Israeli cyber expertise
Israel’s role in the global cybersecurity sector has been touted many times by local and international tech experts. Now, a new interactive map is giving interested parties a behind-the-scenes view of the growing industry. Learn more.
Prosper CEO Aaron Vermut on his first visit to Israel after buying BillGuard
In his first visit to Israel after buying financial and personal security app, BillGuard, Prosper CEO Aaron Vermut says the Israeli startup’s staff will double. It’s also not his first time turning around a startup. Hear more from Aaron.
Asian nations push courtship of Israeli tech companies
China and Japan are forging deeper ties with Israel’s burgeoning tech industry. While China has been active in the Israeli market for some time, Japan, too, has launched a series of efforts to court the Israeli tech scene. Learn more.
MassChallenge opens ‘startup friendly’ accelerator in Jerusalem
With the arrival of MassChallenge in Israel, Jerusalem is now getting its own world-class accelerator and mentoring program – probably the world’s best, according to founder and CEO John Harthorne. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- All grown up, crowdfunding raises $20M investment for mPrest (Times of Israel)
- Israeli Minerva Labs wins inaugural CyBox cybersecurity contest (Israel21c)
- Israeli startups protect infrastructure against dire cyber attacks (NoCamels)
- Seebo raises $8.5M to help bring IoT products to life (TechCrunch)
- Israeli fintech startup, BlueVine, raises $40M (Globes)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.