2016 was a good year for Israeli high-tech funding! Read on for the latest Startup Nation news…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Record high-tech funds raised in 2016
Israeli high-tech companies have raised at least $4.6 billion this year, up from $4.4 billion in 2015. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Zoomcar featured in TechCircle
- Celeno featured in PR Newswire
- OurCrowd featured in ETtech
- Appdome featured in Business Wire
- UPnRIDE featured in Israel21c
- ReWalk featured in PR Newswire
Spreading Israeli tech throughout Africa, Sivan Ya’ari transforms the
lives of millions
Providing African villages with Israeli solar, water and agricultural technologies, the nonprofit organization, founded eight years ago, has so far completed 128 projects in seven countries, transforming the lives of more than one million people. Read more.
Eight new US-Israeli R&D partnerships to receive $7.2M in funding
The projects, which cover a wide range of sectors – such as agrotechnology, medicine, material sciences and homeland security – will each receive conditional grants of up to $1M from BIRD.Read more.
Exploring the growing Asia-Israel links for venture capital and
More examples of Israel-Asian dealmaking connections keep popping up. It’s a trend that Silicon Dragon has been following closely as we track the Tech Triangle of venture capital and startups in the leading global hubs of China, Israel and the U.S. Read more.
- New Israeli app helps overcome cancer (Globes)
- Israeli augmented reality company Lumus raises $30M (Globes)
- Machine learning company Dynamic Yield raises $22M (Globes)
- Israeli data integration startup Xplenty acquires Driven alongside receiving $4M in new capital (Geektime)
- Insuretech startup Lemonade files for licenses in 46 US states (Geektime)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.