OurCrowd launches in Singapore, partnering with UOB to bring startup investing to Asia. Check out Microsoft Israel’s top ten developments in honor of its 25th anniversary. Meet the Israeli women entrepreneurs that are bringing solar energy, improved irrigation, and cleaner water to as many as 1 million people in Africa. Read up on these news items and more, below…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Israel and Singapore strengthen ties: OurCrowd and UOB partner to bring startup investing to Asia
The Startup Nation and Smart Nation just became that much closer. The OurCrowd-UOB partnership represents a significant step towards developing the FinTech ecosystem in the region. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd featured in Reuters
- Highcon featured in Packaging World
- OurCrowd featured in CNBC
- Neverware featured in the Wall Street Journal
- Influitive featured in Techvibes
- Replay Technologies in Globes
10 great reasons why Microsoft loves Israeli ingenuity
Microsoft Israel’s R&D Center – the multinational company’s first R&D center outside the US – is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Here is a look at the company’s most significant developments. Learn more.
Israeli women — and tech — connect African villages to water and electricity
Innovation Africa, the Israeli charity organization led by Israeli women and employing Israeli technologies, has connected 104 villages across Africa to water and electricity. Learn more.
17 Israeli billionaires make annual Forbes rich list
Seventeen Israeli billionaires made the 30th Forbes Billionaires List for 2016, including newcomer Adam Neumann, co-founder of shared work space firm WeWork. Learn more.
The Startup Red Carpet (It’s our awards season, too…)
Inspired by the Oscars, OurCrowd commemorates the excellence of some of our own startups and their innovative, technological achievements. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Israeli investment firms receive $665M in commitments in February (TechCrunch)
- Sports virtual reality company, Replay Technologies, raises $13.5M (Globes)
- German-based RNTS buys Israeli startup Inneractive for $46M (Geektime)
- 2 new exits highlight Israeli mobile, chip-tech strength (Times of Israel)
- Israeli startup joins tech race to provide global Wifi (JPost)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.