A new IVC-ZAG report shows that Israeli high-tech raised $1.55B in the first quarter of 2019, “the most successful first quarter in the past six years.” Here’s an insider’s view on the most active Israeli venture investor, startup investing, and the value of network in 2019 in this thoughtful Forbes piece written about OurCrowd. Another OurCrowd exit: Vimeo acquires Magisto which we invested in this past August. Congrats to the Magisto team!
Startup Nation and beyond
“Zebra’s work experience with radiologists in more than 50 hospitals worldwide highlights the role of AI as Augmented Intelligence…” Check out the full feature in Forbes: AI Startup Zebra Medical Vision Enlists Deep Learning To Save Lives.
What if there was a “spell-checker” to prevent doctors from prescribing the wrong medicine? Read about how Dr. Gidi Stein founded MedAware, the startup catching prescription errors and already helping nearly 6 million in the United States and Israel.
A game changing product to improve our health: Consumers get another digital home health offering as Tyto Care and Best Buy launch TytoHome.
Top tech news this week
- Enterprise Software…Enterprise events management platform Bizzabo scores $27M Series D.
- Healthcare…‘Don’t compromise, do what you love,’ Nanomedic CEO tells female entrepreneurs and Can AI help doctors treat depression? These startups think so, featuring ElMindA in Forbes.
- FinTech…SoFi Fills Out Insurance Offerings Together with Lemonade and Root.
News from the Industry
Cannabis for…everything? 23 Industries Seizing The $32B Market Opportunity (CB Insights)
IVC Research Center and ZAG-S&W Report: Israeli High-Tech Companies Raised $1.55 Billion in 128 Deals in Q1/2019 (IVC-ZAG Analysis)
The latest from OurCrowd
Gathered in Jerusalem, we celebrated startup innovation and Israel’s global impact at the annual OurCrowd Passover Investor Breakfast. Stay updated about upcoming events on our Events Calendar.
Looking to connect
We currently have 500+ open positions at our global portfolio companies. Here are a few of the most exciting:
- Regional Sales Representative for Taranis (Brazil)
- Director, Learning & Development for Agentology (USA)
- Operations Project Manager for Innoviz (Israel)
To search, filter, and apply head to OurTalent here.