How does the Startup Nation plan to stave off WannaCry cyber attack? Read up on this news item and more below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
In Israel, cyber experts joined forces to help foil massive attack
Private and government professionals set up virtual war room to stave off WannaCry cyberattack, which affected over 150 countries. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- BioCatch featured in BBC
- Intuition Robotics featured in Red Herring
- NooBaa featured in Benzinga
- Centaur featured in CB Insights
- Intendu featured in Jerusalem Post
- MedAware featured in Fierce Pharma
10 Israeli high-tech areas making waves
Whether it’s cybersecurity, drones or medical marijuana, Israel is at the forefront of some of the most important high-tech developments in the world. The small Middle Eastern country of just over 8 million people fashions itself as the “Start-up nation”. Read more.
$823M flowed into Israeli life sciences in the past year
Israeli life-sciences companies raised $6.7 billion on NASDAQ over the last decade; some 1,350 life-sciences companies currently are active in Israel. Read more.
Israel’s high-tech sector is thriving, and now China wants in on the action
“Over the last couple of weeks, since the Intel-Mobileye transaction, all hell has broken loose,” says Jon Medved, CEO of OurCrowd, an Israel-based crowdsourcing platform for accredited investors. Read more.
- Israel’s BiomX raises $24 million (NoCamels)
- Israel’s Karamba Security raises $12M (NoCamels)
- Israeli startups raise $450M in Q2 so far (Globes)
- Resort suite booking company Sweet Inn raises $22M (Globes)
- Israeli innovations to improve lives of kids with disabilities (Jerusalem Post)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.