VC fundraising hits record, Jerusalem becomes a hi-tech hub, Israel makes it to Bloomberg’s top 10 Innovation Index, and more from the Startup Nation, below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Israel secures top-10 ranking in 2017 Bloomberg Innovation Index
Moving up one spot from last year, Israel has been named the 10th most innovative economy in the world in the 2017 Bloomberg Innovation Index. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Influitive featured in PR Newswire
- MissBeez featured in Management Today
- Zebra featured in Business Wire
IVC: Israeli VC fundraising strengthens
The expected final total of $1.6 billion will be a record for the past decade, IVC Research Center reports. Read more.
Oracle sets up Tel Aviv startup accelerator for cloud edge
US software giant to provide support, services and mentorship to Israeli startups in multi-million dollar global plan. Read more.
Jerusalem of tech: How the capital has given Tel Aviv a run for its start-up money
The sleepy capital is becoming a hi-tech hub to be reckoned with. Read more.
- Mobile ad analytics company AppsFlyer raises $56M (Globes)
- What makes Israel’s innovation ecosystem so successful (Forbes)
- Electra, TechForGood to set up innovation project (Times of Israel)
- Fraugster, a startup that uses AI to detect payment fraud, raises $5M (TechCrunch)
- Augmented reality lens maker Lumus conjures up a $6M investment from Alibaba (Geektime)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.