Israel received a visit from Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg this week, where she launched Facebook’s “Playground”, a “new hub for startups and entrepreneurs in Israel to build connections, develop skills, and foster innovation.”
Israel’s Defense Ministry also announced the launch of an innovation hub aimed at fostering security-related technologies and strengthening the relationship between the country’s civilian and defense markets.
In recent acquisition news, Salesforce buys the Israeli field service software company Clicksoftware for $1.35B.
Startup Nation and beyond
Meet ClimaCell’s new weather app – alerting you when it’s about to rain, down to the minute, all around the world.
Which Israeli startups are playing a leading role in data-driven digitized production? Read it in Forbes.
Top tech news this week
- FoodTech…Featuring Beyond Meat: Subway is testing out a meatless meatball sub. Here’s why.
- Mobility…Zoomcar eyes a shortcut to 130 million users — partners with Ixigo.
- Marketplace…Over 100,000 students voted on the No. 1 internship of 2019 through WayUp‘s survey—and it isn’t Google or Facebook.
News from the Industry
Modern Plagues: Let our people live – with these startup technologies (OurCrowd)
Global Healthcare – Q2 2019 report (CB Insights)
“Tech companies are staying private for much longer than they used to, reaching huge valuations.” Why are we seeing so many unicorns? (Globes)
The latest from OurCrowd
We recently announced our first major LATAM event, OurCrowd Sync: Sao Paulo 2019, an invite-only gathering bringing top speakers, cutting-edge content, and high-impact networking to the LATAM region.
See which OurCrowd events are taking place near you on our Events Calendar.
Looking to connect
We currently have 500+ open positions at our global portfolio companies. Here are a few of the most exciting:
- Machine Learning Scientist for BioCatch (Israel)
- Customer Success Manager for WayUp (USA)
- Conversational Designer for Intuition Robotics (Israel)
Search and filter through OurTalent to find your next challenge.