Virtual reality is implemented in medicine and Summit 2018 registration opens up! Read up on these news items and more below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
WSJ: Virtual reality being used in industries from construction to medicine to train for risky jobs
The use of virtual reality is spreading especially quickly through medicine. VR 3-D modeling of the brain developed by OurCrowd portfolio company, Surgical Theater, is already being used for planning and practicing neurosurgeries in hospitals at New York University, University Hospitals in Cleveland and Mount Sinai among others. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Freightos featured in Air Cargo News
- mPrest featured in Computer World
- BriefCam featured in American Security Today
Mobileye posts 66% jump in Q1 revenue
Revenue went from $75.2 million in the first quarter of 2016 to $124.7 million in the first quarter of this year. Read more.
Save the Date: OurCrowd Global Investor Summit 2018
This year’s Summit will take place on Thursday, February 1st, 2018. Super-early registration just opened so save your spot. Register now.
NAB private banking in alliance with Israel’s OurCrowd
Clients of National Australia Bank’s private bank will get special access to venture capital raisings by global technology companies, with NAB and the Israeli equity crowdfunding platform OurCrowd announcing a collaboration deal on Sunday. Read more.
- Israeli app lets you record your past (Jerusalem Post)
- Novel therapy could prevent heart failure (Israel21c)
- Israeli startup Belkin Laser raises $5M (NoCamels)
- Israeli device simplifies hernia surgery and recovery (Israel21c)
- Somoto to buy American video ad company for $14.5M (Globes)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.