What’s possible when countries come together to collaborate around technology? Israel’s Security Agency has launched a worldwide challenge in the hopes of recruiting tech experts – who will succeed? Startup Nation goes to China via Israeli AI technology tracking drivers’ drowsiness. Israeli agtech startup CropX will deploy an automated irrigation network worldwide, based on their “Internet of Soil.” Israel and Brazil sign an R&D collaboration agreement to progress tech innovation and industrial R&D.
Startup Nation and beyond
See what 120 senior executives involved in AI tell Forbes, including mPrest, VAYAVISION, Sweetch, Taranis, Oxx, and Brodmann17.
2018 saw Israel edge competition…but others are ‘catching up’: reflections from head of the Israel Innovation Authority.
Through a simple needle procedure…Anti-tumor DaRT could point the way to new arsenal in battle against cancer.
Israel’s postal service is calling on startups to test their tech: Can implementing tech help Israel’s postal service overcome its “snail-mail” image?
Top tech news this week
- Enterprise Software…TechSee nabs $16M for its customer support solution built on computer vision and AR.
- Marketplace…You apply for a job. You hear nothing. Here’s what to do next (featuring WayUp).
- Healthcare…7 Israei Startups taking medical cannabis into the 21st century with innovative, ‘smart’ devices, featuring Syqe Medical and AI-powered Sweetch wellness app helps keep users healthy over the holidays.
- Enterprise Hardware…Airobotics Receives FAA Waiver to Fly Drones Beyond Visual Line of Sight.
News from the industry
“If you look at consumer adoption curves of major new technologies in the U.S. over the past 100 years, you’ll see interesting patterns in both growth and behavior change”: What’s Next in Consumer Startups? (Andreessen Horowitz)
Customer-Powered Product Development: How to Create Better Products & Increase Demand. (Influitive)
Inside Energy investigates – Can carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology tackle climate change? (Inside Energy)
The latest from OurCrowd
“We are democratizing venture investing…” David Shore, Director of OurCrowd Canada discusses OurCrowd in this piece.
See which OurCrowd events are taking place near you on our Events Calendar.
Looking to connect
We currently have 500+ open positions at our global portfolio companies. Here are a few of the most exciting:
- EU Claims Experience Manager for Lemonade (Europe)
- Accounting Manager for Neverware (USA)
- Test Vehicle Technician for Innoviz (Israel)
To search, filter, and apply head to OurTalent here.
Subscribe to receive a weekly curated roundup of top news, direct from the desk of OurCrowd’s CEO & Founder and curated by startup investing insiders.