For the second year in a row, we are pleased to share that OurCrowd was again named by PitchBook as the most active venture investor in Israel! It was a pleasure to be interviewed for this thoughtful opinion piece from Hong Kong’s leading journal: Start-up nation: Are there lessons to be learned from Israel’s tech success? Check this out from Bloomberg – There are signs of a revival in Israeli IPOs.
Startup Nation and beyond
What’s new in funding rounds: Israeli car laser sensor company Innoviz raises $132M, fintech startup Rewire raises $12M, and CyberX raises $18M to protect industrial control systems from cyberattack.
Israeli startups are being seen. In its largest acquisition in 20 years, McDonald’s is acquiring Dynamic Yield to create a more customized drive-thru and Alibaba acquires Israeli startup Infinity Augmented Reality.
In an effort to fuel Israel’s tech industry growth: 3 NGOs team up in bid to boost tech jobs for Arab, Ethiopian and Haredi Israelis.
Top tech news this week
- Mobility…The war to remotely control self-driving cars heats up, featuring Phantom Auto.
- Enterprise Software…The closest thing to teleporting tech support to your home, featuring TechSee.
- Cybersecurity…ThetaRay CEO Mark Gazit Emphasizes Regulation, Fintech and Israel Innovation at AIPAC Policy Conference 2019.
News from the Industry
Filmed at CES 2019: Toyota Untold Podcast with ElliQ (Toyota)
Our Meatless Future: How The $90B Global Meat Market Gets Disrupted (CB Insights)
Covering 2014-2018 – Israel AgriFood Tech Investing Report (AgFunder)
Below, read about a competition for Israeli ag-tech and food-tech startups.
Looking to connect
- Documentation Control Specialist for Airobotics (USA)
- Mobile Platform Team Leader for Appdome (Israel)
- Licensed P&C Customer Experience Specialist for Lemonade (USA)
To search, filter, and apply head to OurTalent here.