Find out which communication giant made an impressive acquisition of an Israeli startup; discover the Israeli tech behind will.i.am’s new watch-based gadget; hear about a leading Israeli entrepreneur’s plan for the future of robotic surgery and more this week from Startup Nation…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Broadband communication giant Broadcom buys Israeli MagnaCom for $50M
Broadband communication giant Broadcom purchased Israeli startup MagnaCom, which has created a modulation technology that may be the base for future cellular networks, for $50 million. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- ReWalk featured in Israel21c
- Highcon featured in Labels & Labeling
- OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved featured in CNBC
will.i.am’s Dial watch packs Israeli tech punch
Musician and entrepreneur will.i.am from The Black Eyed Peas bought Tel Aviv startup Sensiya to power new watch-based gadget that can make calls and send texts. Learn more.
Mazor CEO Ori Hadomi discusses future plans for robotic surgery
Following its agreement with Medtronic — the world’s largest medical device maker — Mazor CEO, Ori Hadomi, talks about his vision for the company’s future expansion of robotic surgical systems. Learn more.
First class of Technion-Cornell program set to graduate
Set up in 2013, the New York campus expects to produce the next generation of tech leaders and to generate billions for city. Learn more.
Mayo Clinic launches initiative to invest in Israeli MedTech
In the first initiative of its kind, the Mayo Clinic will seek to partner with Israeli life science and medical tech companies. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- Gesture tech firm, eyeSight, nabs $20M Chinese investment (Times of Israel)
- Israeli IT alert management platform, BigPanda, closes $21M (Geektime)
- Israeli leukemia treatment company, BioSight, raises $13M (Globes)
- Israel’s Moovit app to guide visitors at Rio Olympics (Israel21c)
- 5 Israeli startups taking China by storm (NoCamels)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.