Heat’s on across the rideshare/mobility scene: Israeli-founded Gett acquires its New York-rival Juno; and how did 3 startups get a VC to say yes? Read up on these news items and more below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
On-demand ride service Gett confirms acquisition of Juno for $200M
The competitive landscape for transportation apps has become a little smaller today. Gett has announced that it has acquired Juno, a rival in the New York market. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Mpirica featured in Crowdfund Insider
- Zebra featured in Nvidia
- Consumer Physics featured in Entrepreneur
How 3 startups got a VC to say yes
Elan Zivotofsky is not your typical investor. Rather than just choose where his own firm’s money goes, he makes decisions that also influence thousands of smaller investors. Read more.
Israeli startup raising dips in Q1 2017
“We expect the Mobileye deal – which shifted paradigms regarding valuations of Israeli companies – to have future impact on the industry in terms of growth in capital raising volumes.” Read more.
Israeli urban tech-integrator brings smart city management to East Africa
The first city in the region is slated to have a pilot innovation hub up and running by the end of the year. Read more.
- Cloud security company Twistlock raises $17M (NoCamels)
- Israeli HR platform company Hibob raises $17.5M (Globes)
- Log intelligence company OverOps raises $30M (NoCamels)
- GamePoint buys Israeli company Luck Genome (Globes)
- Tel Aviv to house world’s first construction tech hub (Jerusalem Post)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.