Last month we had hundreds of investors from around the world join us for two events from our new webinar series called Teach-In Tuesdays.
In this series, we explore investing in early-stage Israeli companies, identify and explain influential tech trends, stay up-to-date with the crowdfunding industry, and examine actionable insights from our own experience running OurCrowd’s investment platform.
During March, we’re hosting 2 exciting installments of our Teach-In Tuesdays series. Register for them below.
From Ideas to Assets: Common Investor Pitfalls with Intellectual Property and How to Avoid Them
Tuesday, March 18th (6:00 PM Israel / 12:00 PM NYC / 9:00 AM San Francisco)
Join Zack Miller, Head of the Investor Community at OurCrowd, and Heidi Brun, leading patent attorney and Joint Head of the Patent Department at Eitan, Mehulal & Sadot, as they discuss the importance of understanding the fundamentals of intellectual property rights in order to make informed investment decisions.
Join us to learn about:
- The various types of Intellectual Property (IP) and how they work
- Why it is important for investors to read patents
- Techniques for valuing intellectual property and how investors can do their own ownership research
- Management, strategizing and budgeting of patent portfolios for companies at different stages of development
>> Reserve your seat (Appropriate for entrepreneurs and investors alike)
How MedTech Companies Get Paid: Understanding Reimbursement Basics and How Startups Successfully Navigate the US Medical System
Tuesday, March 25th (6:00 PM Israel / 12:00 PM NYC / 9:00 AM San Francisco)
Join Zack Miller, Head of the Investor Community at OurCrowd, and Fauzea Hussain, VP of Avalere Health, a leading advisory company focused on healthcare business strategy and public policy, as they address the opportunities and challenges of reimbursement in the MedTech industry. When we invest in a medtech startup, investors frequently ask about the probability of getting a device approved and reimbursed for in the US. This webinar is intended for investors to learn about the regulatory and payment environment for medtech companies selling into the U.S.
Join us to learn about:
- Reimbursement basics: what is coding, coverage and payment?
- Differences by setting of care: devices to be used inpatient vs devices to be used outpatient
- Trends in collection of evidence and health economic data
- ACA (Obamacare) trends relevant for medical device manufacturers
>> Reserve your seat (recommended for investors)
Looking forward to your participation on the webinar,
Zack Miller and OurCrowd’s Investor Education Team