Interlude raises $18.2M from MGM — will the major movie studio bring it to the silver screen? Check out the top eight Israeli tech trends sparking up the Startup Nation. Hear from leading Israeli entrepreneurs and one Google exec VC about the country’s high-tech scene. Read up on these news items and more, below…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Israeli interactive video startup Interlude raises $18.2M
Interlude, an Israeli music and media company pushing a new emotive, interactive video platform, raised $18.2M in a round led by MGM, including the movie studio’s CEO Gary Barber joining the young startup’s board. Learn more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- CrediFi featured in Times of Israel
- OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved featured on Sky News Business
- Consumer Physics featured in Israel21c
- Freightos featured in Israel BizReg
- Neverware featured in IT Pro
- OurCrowd featured in Channel NewsAsia
8 Israeli Tech Trends, 8 Crazy Nights 2015
It’s that time of year! OurCrowd’s annual tradition of highlighting during Hanukkah — the festival of lights – the top eight Israeli tech trends that spark the interest of our investment team and what they see on the ground. Learn more.
With 67 startups behind him, Israel’s Gigi Levy-Weiss can spot a winner
Israel’s most connected angel investor, Gigi Levy-Weiss, gets some 200 proposals a month from entrepreneurs, but people matter more than the idea, he says. Learn more.
Google exec’s VC firm predicts Israel will dominate IoT trend
Innovation Endeavors’ in-depth report, ‘2015 Israeli Internet of Things Landscape,’ predicts Israeli startups will be a major driver of the IoT revolution. Learn more.
Moshe Hogeg one of most connected entrepreneurs in Israel
Forbes Israel listed Moshe Hogeg, founder and managing partner at Singulariteam, as one of the most well-connected entrepreneurs in the Startup Nation. Learn more.
OurCrowd’s News Nuggets
- SimilarWeb acquires mobile intelligence startup Quettra for $10M+ (VentureBeat)
- Chinese consumers to get a taste of Israeli-flavored food tech (Times of Israel)
- 4 Israeli startups sweep international medical app contest (Israel21c)
- Israel’s 7 trendiest high-tech neighborhoods (The Culture Trip)
- Israeli ed-tech startup finds fans in Dubai (JPost)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.