Ran Krauss went to an electronics store to buy a juicer but a drone caught his eye and he went home with that instead. Pretty soon, he fine-tuned his drone skills and eventually formed an automated industrial drone company called Airobotics. OurCrowd invested in it and Airobotics is now revolutionizing aerial inspection, security and emergency response.
Like Ran and his drones, many of our startups are disruptive. In fact OurCrowd itself turned the tables on traditional venture capital, opening up startup investing to a global crowd. So it makes sense that the annual OurCrowd Global Investor Summit is not just a standard conference – and this year it will be even more engaging, more entertaining, more thought-provoking – and ultimately more productive.
Below we explore seven reasons why this Summit is different from all other summits.
1.Unlike other business events we don’t just do panels
We aim to provide real insight while also being interesting and compelling. Our 21 breakout sessions break the molds.
- “Two Truths and a Lie,” where five masters in the VC world play an interactive game with the audience that will shed light on the mechanics and opportunities of fund investing.
- “Demo Theater,” a lineup of the coolest, most eye-popping technologies from the innovators themselves.
2. Deep dives into a wide range of topics
Content covers the gamut of issues relevant to startup tech investing. From keynotes to workshops and breakouts to tutorials, attendees learn and get inspired.
- “Hacked Cars, Stolen Identities, and Short-Circuited Pacemakers: Cybersecurity in a Connected World,” in which professionals from five key sectors will present on tech defenses that could make the difference between prosperity and failure, life and death.
- The Great Tech Debates: Designer Babies, Big Brother, and the New Plagues,” where three pairs of experts will face off on the biggest issues of today. You do not want to miss this one!
3. Passion and expertise are our only criteria for speakers
Speakers don’t get paid and sponsors can’t buy their way onto the stage. So the quality is always high. Some of the great speakers already confirmed include:
- David Bonderman – Founding Partner, TPG
- Nuseir (Nas) Yassin – Top Video Blogger and Entrepreneur
- Daniel Kahneman – Behavioral Economist and Author
- Kira Radinsky -Director of Data Science and Israel Chief Scientist, eBay
- Ron Fisher – President, Softbank Holdings and Vice Chairman, Sprint
4. Hands-on demos, exhibits and experiences
Get immersed in a 360-degree full-day experience, real-time demos and dynamic sector spaces with some of the coolest technologies on the market – or not yet on the market including:
- Entrepreneurs pitching live throughout the day in an Open-Mic session
- Step into the future of healthcare at the MedCheck Zone
- Enjoy plant-based kosher cheeseburgers while being wowed at the SportsTech Arena
- Check out the latest CannabisTech at the Cannabis Greenhouse
- Take a quick vacation to Korea, Italy, India or even Australia at their dedicated pavilions filled with the latest startups.
5. Entry is Free
We don’t charge admission, because we’re not an events company. We’re in the business of making connections – between investors and entrepreneurs in need of capital, between startups and multinational corporations looking for new technologies to keep competitive, between ideas and a world ready to be revolutionized by them. That’s what the Summit is all about.
Each year, the OurCrowd Global Investor Summit is held in Jerusalem. Coming to Jerusalem doesn’t just mean attending an event – it’s an entrée to the fastest-growing tech ecosystem in the world in the most historic city on the planet.
7. Summit anchors a week of activities
We have partnered with numerous organizations to provide incomparable access to accelerators and labs, meetups and startups, as well as history and cultural tours and events in and around Jerusalem. Events include:
- The invite-only OurCrowd Pre-Summit Leaders Forum, for corporates, select startups and OurCrowd investors
- Trendlines Incubator Open House. Register here
- EcoMotion Investors Event. Register here
- ShukTech – A night of informal pitches, CEO meetups, delicious food, craft beers, live music and video art in the heard of the famous Machane Yehuda market
So, be like Ran Krauss and let your imagination soar. Come to the Summit and meet, learn, invest and get inspired.
There are a few tickets still available. RSVP today at summit.ourcrowd.com. You don’t want to miss it!