The latest from the Startup Nation: OurCrowd’s portfolio company Freightos acquired Spain’s WebCargoNet; Chemi Peres discusses Israel’s tech scene and what he sees in its future; exciting collaborations helping Israeli companies expand into Asian markets; and more…
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Israeli startup Freightos buys Spain’s WebCargoNet
Already billing itself as the world’s largest air and sea shipping marketplace, Freightos (an OurCrowd portfolio company) announced that it has acquired Barcelona-based air cargo company WebCargoNet for an undisclosed sum. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Global Kinetics featured in Financial Review
- Surgical Theater featured in UploadVR
- Freightos featured in WSJ
Chemi Peres makes predictions for Israel’s tech scene
Chemi Peres, co-founder of Pitango Venture Capital, explaines why he believes digital health, drones, and autonomous driving startups will emerge in Israel’s tech scene. Read more.
Israeli-Chinese hardware incubator launches in Tel Aviv
The EastMakers Program is a collaboration between StartupEast, a three-year old incubator that helps Israeli companies expand into Asian markets, and MakeMountain, a Shenzen-based incubator that helps companies in the field of manufacturing. Read more.
Reporty app live-streams emergencies from your smartphone
During an emergency, it’s not always easy to call 911 and explain the dire situation. Now, Israeli startup Reporty provides rescue teams with the precise location and real-time information from your smartphone, including live video. Read more.
- A $50K loan in 60 seconds: Israeli startup Behalf raises $27M (Geektime)
- Beyond Verbal raises $3M to identify moods via voices (VentureBeat)
- Israeli Artificial Intelligence company, Revuze, raises $4M (Globes)
- WalkMe guides customers through your website (Israel21c)
- US sports teams turn to Israeli tech (JPost)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.