With Two Exits Announced in Two Days, OurCrowd Reaches 20 Exits
Invertex acquired by Nike, JUMP to be acquired by Uber
Jerusalem – April 10, 2018 – OurCrowd, a leading global equity crowdfunding platform had two portfolio exits announced over the last two days: Invertex acquired by Nike; and JUMP’s agreement to be acquired by Uber. This brings the total of OurCrowd portfolio companies achieving exits to 20 in five years.
Nike announced the acquisition of Tel Aviv-based Invertex, a computer vision company that provides anatomical 3-D scanning for instant-product customization, such as shoes, which helps make the shopping experience easier. Invertex is a portfolio company of OurCrowd First, the first fund raised by OurCrowd in 2015 to make seed investments.
“Invertex is a great example of our investment strategy to focus on cognitive AI driven technologies, which is the underpinning of our new $100M OurCrowd Cognitiv fund,” said Eduardo Shoval, Managing partner, Cogntiv Ventures.
San Francisco based JUMP, formerly Social Bicycles, is a fully integrated smart, dockless bike-sharing platform. The announcement by Uber to acquire JUMP follows a trial program the company conducted with them earlier this year.
OurCrowd is creating access for individual accredited investors from around the world to invest in Venture Capital level deals alongside and on the same terms as major institutional investors, from within Israel and beyond. OurCrowd continues to change the landscape of alternative finance and allows the crowd the opportunity to benefit from the fruits of these investments through OurCrowd.
“We are proud of our entrepreneurial leaders who are building companies that the largest corporations in the world want to acquire,” said Founder and CEO of OurCrowd, Jon Medved. “We are proving that crowdfunding done right can provide the average accredited investor with opportunities to get in on the next exit and profit from the success of hightech companies.”
OurCrowd Portfolio Company Exits :
- Invertex: (FashionTech) acquired by Nike (2018)
- JUMP Bikes: (Mobility) to be acquired by Uber (anticipated in 2018)
- Argus Cyber Security: (Mobility/Cyber Security) acquired by Continental AG (2017)
- Stringify: (Consumer Software) acquired by Comcast (2017)
- Nanorep: (Artificial Intelligence) acquired by LogMein (2017)
- StackIQ: (Enterprise Software) acquired by Teradata (2017)
- Shopial: ( eCommerce) acquired by Magento (2017)
- Parko: (Consumer Software) acquired by EasyPark (2017)
- MentAd: (AdTech) acquired by Social Code (2017)
- Replay Technologies: (Sportstech) acquired by Intel (2016)
- Crosswise: (Enterprise Software) acquired by Oracle (2016)
- AppForma: (Enterprise Software) acquired by Algomizer (2016)
- Abes Market: (eCommerce) acquired by Direct Eats (2016)
- Cimagine: (Augmented Reality) acquired by Snap (2016)
- Boatbound: (Marketplace) acquired by Boatsetter (2016)
- BillGuard: (FinTech) acquired by Prosper (2015)
- Fireblade: (Cybersecurity) acquired by Stackpath (2015)
- Trendlines: (MedTech) IPO on the SGX: 42T (2015)
- NextPeer: (WebTech) acquired by Viber (2015)
- ReWalk: (MedTech) IPO on the NASDAQ: RWLK (2014)
About OurCrowd: OurCrowd is the leading global equity crowdfunding platform for accredited investors. Managed by a team of seasoned investment professionals and led by serial entrepreneur Jon Medved, OurCrowd vets and selects opportunities, invests its own capital, and brings companies to its accredited membership of global investors. OurCrowd provides post-investment support to its portfolio companies, assigns industry experts as mentors, and takes board seats. The OurCrowd community consists of almost 25,000 accredited investors from over 150 countries. OurCrowd has raised over $700M and invested in 150 portfolio companies and funds. To join OurCrowd as an accredited investor visit www.ourcrowd.com and click “Join.”
For Press Materials: https://blog.ourcrowd.com/exits
Press contact: OurCrowd: Leah Stern, Dir. Of Communications / UK: +44 747 0196826 / US: +1 703 626 4310 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org