OurCrowd builds Innovation Bridge Connecting Australia/New Zealand and Israel
- OurCrowd has over 2,000 accredited Australian Investors/ Raised over $100 million in the Region
- Helped raise $50 million “Our Innovation Fund” focused on Australian technology
- Corporate development highlights include introduction of mPrest & New Zealand’s largest power utility, Vector leading to Licensing Agreement
- Facilitated collaboration between top 30 Global Bank, National Australian Bank Private (NAB) to provide access to Israeli/global investment opportunities
Jerusalem / Sydney – October 30, 2017 – With commemorations to mark the 100th anniversary of the liberation of Be’er Sheva by the ANZAC (Australian New Zealand Army Corp), and a visit to Israel by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and New Zealand Governor-General Dame Patsy Reddy, OurCrowd, the leading global equity crowdfunding platform, is announcing further expansion of its tech bridge between Israel and Australia/New Zealand.
As 4,000 visitors make the trip to Israel, joining the global dignitaries in celebration, OurCrowd has brought to Israel a high-level investor delegation, which includes family offices, corporate representatives and leading business leaders. This delegation includes more than 30 investors from Australia, Hong Kong, the U.S. and New Zealand. The investors will participate in a five-day intensive technology tour of the Startup Nation, meeting dozens of companies and exploring investment opportunities.
Leading the delegation is Dan Bennett, Managing Director, OurCrowd Australia and Asia. Commenting on the trip, he said: “Like the ANZACs led a charge one-hundred years ago in Israel, Australian investment is helping shape a next generation of frontier innovation. We have brought this handpicked group to Israel to introduce them to Israel’s inspiring and vibrant tech scene and highlight the opportunity for these companies to partner with Australian corporates and investors.”
OurCrowd Australian & Israeli Collaborative Efforts to date include:
- Since OurCrowd entered the Australian market in 2014, it has positioned itself as a leading provider to the local market of global alternative investment opportunities. The platform is home to over 2,000 Australian accredited investors, with over $100 million dollars raised in the region.
- Vector, New Zealand’s largest electrical and natural gas energy tech company has expanded its “Internet of Energy” relationship with OurCrowd portfolio company mPrest, by collaborating on an energy platform solution and investing in and reselling mPrest software in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Both companies also Signed a Contract to Bring “Internet of Energy” to Over a Million Customers in May of this year.
- In 2016, OurCrowd helped to raise the $50 million “Our Innovation Australian Fund,” set up by the founder of systems integration giant Dimension Data Australia, David Shein, alongside former Investec Bank chair and OurCrowd Advisory Board Chairman, Geoff Levy. The early stage venture capital limited partnership (ESVCLP) targets the early stage sector in Australia that will benefit from capital gains and tax programs associated with investing in Aussie startups.
- In June 2017, the National Australia Bank Private (NAB) and OurCrowd announced a first of its kind Australian collaboration, providing NAB clients direct access to investment opportunities on the OurCrowd platform.
Chairman of the OurCrowd Advisory Board Geoff Levy said, “It is a pleasure to be involved with such a high-quality cohort participating in the OurCrowd Australia Delegation coinciding with such a significant time in ANZAC’s Proud history. These delegates will help forge stronger commercial connections between Australia, New Zealand the USA and Israel. Introducing the best of Israel’s innovation, technology and thought leadership to first time visitors to Israel will be a real thrill.”
OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved said, “While Australia and New Zealand may seem far away, the Aussies and Kiwis have come in massive numbers this week, and they are always close to our hearts. The people of Israel owe an enormous historical debt to the courageous ANZAC horsemen who helped enable Israel’s rebirth 100 years ago. Today this proud tradition lives on in the bold investors who are working with us to pioneer the next generation of technology and innovation.”
Notes to Editors –
About OurCrowd: OurCrowd is the leading global equity crowdfunding platform for accredited investors. Managed by a team of seasoned investment professionals and led by serial entrepreneur Jon Medved, OurCrowd vets and selects opportunities, invests its own capital, and brings companies to its accredited membership of global investors. OurCrowd provides post-investment support to its portfolio companies, assigns industry experts as mentors, and takes board seats. The OurCrowd community of almost 20,000 investors from over 112 countries has invested over USD $500M into 120 portfolio companies and funds.
To join OurCrowd as an accredited investor visit http://www.ourcrowd.com and click “Join.”
For Press Materials: https://blog.ourcrowd.com/australia100
Press contact: Leah Stern, U.K.: +44 747 0196826 / US: +1 703 626 4310 / Israel: +972 54 341 4861 /E: firstname.lastname@example.org