This week in Startup Nation: Israeli tech powers New York City taxicabs, Technion launches a $200M VC fund, and OurCrowd launches an innovation incubator! Read up on these news items and more below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
OurCrowd consortium sets up Jerusalem incubator
The Israeli crowdfunding company leads a consortium comprising Motorola Solutions, India’s Reliance industries and the Hebrew University’s Yissum. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- BioCatch featured in FindBiometrics
- Global Kinetics featured in PR Newswire
- Zebra featured in FierceBiotech
- Surgical Theater featured in The GW Hatchet
- Highcon featured in Printing Impressions
- mPrest featured in Renewable Energy Magazine
Technion to launch $200M VC fund
The fund, in partnership with Hong Kong’s UGC and Israel’s Genesis, will invest in companies related mainly to the Technion and its alumni. Read more.
OurCrowd, China-based P3 Innovation partner to fund early stage deals
Leading global equity crowdfunding platform OurCrowd has recently formed a new partnership with P3 Innovation, part of Pico Far East Holdings Limited. Founded in 2016, P3 Innovation is a strategic platform founded by the Pico Group that is located in Pico Creative Centre in Shanghai’s Jiading District.Register now.
How Israeli transportation tech powers New York City taxicabs
Israel’s unbridled success in the transportation tech industry was recently manifested when Mobileye, a developer of driverless car technologies, was acquired by giant chip maker Intel for $15.3 billion. Now, New York City taxicabs are giving Israeli tech the seal of approval, with the widespread adoption of Israeli transportation apps and solutions. Read more.
- Israel’s Bancor raises $153M in 3 hours (NoCamels)
- GM Israel unveils autonomous car prototype (Globes)
- Israeli AI code company Codota raises $2M (Globes)
- Tech Talk: Israel’s Fortune 500 companies (Jerusalem Post)
- Microsoft buys Israeli cybersecurity firm Hexadite for reported $100M (NoCamels)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.